Here is my Top Ten Heisman Trophy Contenders. Most of these guys are already on the radar. This list is in no particular order.
- Tim Tebow, Florida–He’s the defending Heisman Trophy winner, and the fist Heisman Trophy winner as a Sophomore. And, he may have more websites dedicated to him than any other college football player.
- Chase Daniel, Missouri–He is important to the Missouri offense, so if he stays healthy, he is a part of the, um, chase.
- Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech–The Air Raid offense at Texas Tech has never had this much talent. He is big, strong, and fast.
- Pat White, West Virginia–WVU will depend even more on White to lead its offense with the departure of Steve Slaton. The Mountaineers already have a website for White.
- James Laurinaitis, Ohio State–There is always one defensive player everyone wants in the conversation, well this him. Destined for stardom in the NFL, not the WWE.
- Chris Wells, Ohio State–Wells opened the BCS National Title Game against LSU with a 65 yard TD run ending the game with 146 yards rushing.
- Knowshon Moreno, Georgia–Moreno had a stellar Freshman season, and he only started half the games. He really is a superstar.
- Graham Harrell, Texas Tech–Last year’s CFTT Offensive Player of the year. His stats were astounding, but his efficiency may be even more so.
- Percy Harvin, Florida–Electrifying. Fast. If Harvin can stay healthy, his stats will be big.
- James Davis, Clemson–O.K. I am listening to everybody else here. I don’t know much about Clemson, but everyone seems to think that Davis will have a big year.
Mike Goodson, Texas A & M
Todd Boeckman, Ohio State
Joe McKnight, USC
LeSean McCoy, Pitt
Ian Johnson, Boise State
C. J. Spiller, Clemson