Last year I started a Top Ten Offseason Stories segment. There were two parts, and this year I will split the segment in to two posts as well. The first post will contain numbers 6 through 10 while the second post will contain numbers 1 through 5.
10. Tim Tebow Mission Trip–The Legend of Tim Tebow grows which each passing year. Tebow won the Heisman Trophy in his first year as a starter, and now, there are reports that Tebow took a mission trip during the Spring. Mission trips are nothing new for the Tebow family, his parents are missionaries. However, it seems Tebow has convinced his head coach, Urban Meyer, to take a mission trip too. Tebow just seems too good to be true.
9. Josh Jarboe dismissed from OU Scholarship–After making a dramatic decision to sign his Letter of Intent with Oklahoma, the Georgia native recruit was dismissed for a video of a freestyle rap that surfaced on YouTube. At first, the Sooners dismissed the significance, but after outcry from some in the media, decided that to remove Jarboe’s scholarship. Jarboe had been arrested in the spring for a carrying a weapon on his high school campus. Jarboe has since enrolled at Troy.
8. Plus One Playoff Considered–And was rejected by BCS officials. Nevertheless, a “plus one” was considered. Despite being considered, the system was turned down and has left many upset about the evil while others are content.
7. Coaches Visit Middle East–Five very prominent coaches including Georgia coach Mark Richt and Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis paid a visit to the Middle East to visit our soldiers, and they even got to meet the Commander In Chief when they returned. The Coaches Tour was a great experience for both the coaches and the soldiers.
6. Howard Schnellenberger calls out Texas–Schnellenberger has always coached with a swagger, but he just gave Texas incentive to not overlook Florida Atlantic. Of course, he tried to back off his words, but it might be Texas who is hitting FAU in the mouth.