Another week is in the books, and slowly but surely, we are starting to see who the truly great teams are and who the pretenders are. Alabama dominated Arkansas in Tuscaloosa and looks like a national title contender. And then, there is LSU. They seem to go on the road and do the unbelievable, continue to win. The Tigers are for real.
1. Alabama–See above
1.5 LSU–See above
3. Oklahoma–The Sooners beat Mizzou, but I’m not sure that the Tigers are as good as they have been in recent years. A ten point victory at home is so-so.
4. Stanford–The Cardinal really don’t get to prove their worth against A+ competition, but at least they are clobbering teams.
5. Wisconsin–The Badgers whipped South Dakota. Up next? The Cornhuskers. Let’s see how this goes down.
6. Oklahoma State–The Cowboys beat Texas A&M, my number 6 team and they did it at Kyle Field. I think this team contends for the Big 12 South Title. Look for the December 3rd vs. Oklahoma to settle the Big 12 South division title and give the winner the best chance at winning the overall title.
7. Nebraska–I’m not sure about the blackshirts. They’ve given up a lot of points. Russell Wilson just may have a lot of fun Saturday.
8. Boise State–This train may not be derailed this year. They Broncos get to avenge last year’s only loss to Nevada.
9. Florida–The Gators get their crack at Alabama this week, so it may be just one in week in the top ten. They’ve been scoring a lot of points this year, but, no offense to Kentucky, Tennessee, UAB and Florida Atlantic, this is the Tide’s defense. It’s gonna be tough. At least its in Gainesville.
10. Virginia Tech–What do you get when you mix a smothering defense, spectacular special teams and great athleticism on offense? Well, LSU of course, but also, Virginia Tech. They Hokies are good. . .. again.