It’s about week 3 that we begin to realize we really don’t know much about teams yet. However, that’s never stopped us from predicting and having a pre-season poll. I digress.
So, I decided Florida State is better than I thought and Boise is definitely a top level team this year. Or, maybe it’s that Ohio State is not.
1. Alabama–No doubting this one. They cruised over North Texas and the Mean Green has already shown improvements from the past few years under new coach Dan McCarney. The Tide clash with the Razorbacks this coming Saturday at Bryant-Denny.
2. Oklahoma–The Sooners one the way you win big games on the road, by doing enough. OU took Florida State’s best shot but reminded them why they are not quite in the Sooners’ league.
3. LSU–The Tigers jump the Cardinal in my poll because they won a tough game on the road against a good team. One day, LSU is going to have to score more than 19 points to win a game. Well, maybe not in the SEC. The Tigers may have to do it without Jordan Jefferson, but Jarrett seems to be doing just fine, thank you.
4. Standford–The Cardinal is good, but they suffer from playing weaker competition in the Pac 10, something the cannot do anything about. It might cost them come time to hand out championship game opponents.
5. Wisconsin–I think that the Badgers are good, but it is hard to really tell. They have soundly beaten all comers so far this season. Unfortunately, none of them are ranked, and they only have two ranked teams on their schedule (at this point). The first being in a couple of weeks when they host the Cornhuskers (October 1st).
6. Texas A&M–The Aggies roll. They are looking more than good so far this season. Back-to-back games against ranked opponents Oklahoma State and Arkansas should tell us more. However, I see them as the favorite in both of those games.
7. Nebraska–The Cornhuskers have looked vulnerable the past couple of weeks giving up 29 and 38 points respectively. What happened to those blackshirts? They better hope they have the ready for Wisconsin.
8. Arkansas–The Razorbacks were cruising against Troy when somebody forgot tell the Trojans they were supposed to go away. The Hogs got punched in the mouth and had to come back fighting to hold Troy off. Troy is a good team. This was the best thing to happen to the Hogs. They travel to Tuscaloosa to play the Tide this Saturday.
9. Boise State–The Broncos are good, but we will never really know how good. They have put big wins on two teams, both games on the road. Unfortunately, they have only one ranked opponent on the schedule.
10. Oklahoma State–The Cowboys keep putting up lots of points, but have failed to put the breaks on their opponents giving up an average of 27 points per game. They get their shot at the Aggies this week.